Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I AM GETTING FOOTBALL FEVER!

Well it has been about 4 and 1/2 months since my last post on Tribe Blitz. My last post was on February 21st titled SHOCKER! SHOCKER! SHOCKER! I was in such shock after the Gaffney Indians lost in the 1st round of the basketball playoffs, to a lowly Byrnes team, that I had to take some time off to regroup mentally and emotionally. I did follow the Gaffney baseball team in the spring, but only attended one game. The Indians baseball team was a lot like the football team from last fall, they committed a lot of errors and beat themselves. They had a pretty good season and made the playoffs, but it could have been better if not for the physical and mental errors that finally cut their season short with an 0 and 2 record in the playoffs. So after the disappointing end to the baseball season, I took some more time off and the days and weeks kept going by. So here we are in the hot days of July and I am ready to get back into Gaffney Indians sports again, as I feel like I am recharged both mentally and emotionally. IT IS GOOD TO BE BACK!

Every year about this time I start getting a bad case of FOOTBALL FEVER. This year is no different, as I can feel my football fever rising with every passing day. I can't wait for practice to begin in a little less than three weeks. To start getting myself ready for the new Indians season, I have watched a couple of DVDs from past State Championship Seasons. Today I watched the 2006 Championship Game when Gaffney capped off an undefeated 15 and 0 season with a 45 to 0 drubbing of Irmo to win their 16th State Championship. If that don't get your football fever to go up there is something wrong. I have also been going over my notes that I made when I attended the Indians spring game back in May. You can't really tell a whole lot from spring games, but I did see several young players that look like they have play making ability. Especially on the offensive side of the ball with rising sophomore QB Luke Lancaster, sophomores Shaq Davidson and Hylek Foster at WR. Shaq Davidson also looked pretty good at QB as well. Hylek Foster also looked good at RB. Gaffney's Allstate WR Quinshad Davis did not play in the game because of foot surgery. Rising senior QB Joey Copeland looks like he is ready for his turn as the next great Gaffney QB. I believe it is his job to lose. Copeland looked good when he had the chance to play last season. The Gaffney defense is loaded with talent led by senior LB Savon Dukes, junior DE Jaylin Miller and senior DB Snoop Byers. Dukes is rated NO.1 LB in South Carolina by some recruiting services and Miller the NO.1 junior DE by some services. Quinshad Davis is rated the NO. 1 WR in South Carolina by some services. So now you can understand why my football fever is rising at an alarming rate. I can also feel the football fever of all Gaffney Indians fans going up as well. The Indians open the regular season in Week 0 of the season on August 19th hosting Boiling Springs.

In my next Tribe Blitz I will look at 5 questions that I want answered about this coming Gaffney season.

Until Next Time.

No comments: