Thursday, August 5, 2010

WHAT IS THAT SMELL IN THE AIR?

I have been enjoying life and trying to stay cool during this hot and humid summer.. We just got back from a vacation to Pennsylvania a couple of weeks ago. Every since we got back to Gaffney, I have been smelling something in the air and I have been trying to figure out what it is. It finally hit me that it is the smell of GAFFNEY INDIANS FOOTBALL! Yes it is that time of the year again, FOOTBALL TIME! Yesterday I went to Gaffney High School and purchased my season tickets and you could really smell football in the air. Yesterday morning was the first day of full contact drills for this years edition of the Gaffney Indians. I stayed and watched the morning workout and it made my blood start pumping. IT MADE ME PRETTY DANG EXCITED! What I would like to do on Tribe Blitz today is share a poem that I wrote a few years back that should get your blood to pumping and get you PRETTY DANG EXCITED about the start of football season.

FOOTBALL IS KING

There is a small southern town
that lives for the season of fall,
it means one thing to them
it's time for their beloved football.

The pride and tradition of their
mighty team is second to none, the hard work and desire of the
players and coaches makes the game fun.

The town is so proud of the many
championships the team has won,
and you can be assured they will
give it another good run.

On football Friday nights loud
and loyal fans fill up the seats,
to cheer for their gallant team
in victory or defeat.

As you hear the teams fight song
that the many fans will sing,
this can only be Gaffney
the town where football is king.


GO INDIANS!!!!!!

Until Next Time.

No comments: